Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Curry's Issues

So I happened to go Currys today and I noticed that they had a slight issue with their XBox 360 display. So I took this picture:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They have a lot of nice HD TVs in there, but most of them are running video from DVDs. I was talking to one of the guys and he was saying that the only HD signals that where being displayed where on the 360 and four LG sets that had somekind of Compact HD Streaming box connected to them. Not sure if it was HD-DVD, but it was by Toshiba. My point is that if I went in there to buy a HD TV I wouldn't be able to choose one because the picture on all of them is shockingly bad. They are all displaying upscaled standard definition signals. So choosing a TV based on picture quality is near impossible.