Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Oblivion Problem

This is going to be one of those posts that I regret in the morning.

I am very much looking forwards to Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion. And when it is released I am going to buy it and a XBox360 to play it on. Reason one, the game will turn my PC into a toaster if I don't buy it for the 360, and two it has been years since I last played a game of this nature (non-linear singleplayer RPG, is my favourite game type) or had a current gen console so I can easily justify the expense in my head (and maybe even a £600 HD TV, but that's a different story). The problem however is that if it is out before the end of April, then it is going to have a big detrimental impact on my final year project.

I am going to buy it, I am going to play it and I am already a month behind in my final year project. So the signs are not good. My only hope is to be ultra efficient about my work and hope that Oblivion isn't released until the end of April (final year project is due the 1st of May)

I keep trying to picture myself waiting until after I have handed in my project before buying it, but I can't see it. The distraction from having it setup and not playing it is unbearable. For the past few years I have staved off this craving for gameage by grinding through games in a matter of hours and quickly dismissing other games as crap, but I don't think either of those things are going to happen with Oblivion.

Things aren't any easier with GameSpy printing Previews putting the game's only negatives as
"After it's released, will there be any time left to spend with our loved ones?"
I need help!! I need Oblivion to be delayed until the end of April!!!

Sorry if this sounds selfish, but I am just feeling a little bit vulnerable right now.