Thursday, May 19, 2005

Film Review Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith

I have just returned from the a midnight showing of Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith and this being one of the first consumer reviews of the film I will start with, it was good.

I could argue that the film didn't contain anything beyond what was needed to get the story from the end of Episode II to the start of A New Hope. And I could say that there where times when the talking probably got too much and that almost all of the conversations in the film consist of only two people, but it was good. The lightsaber battles where fierce and the character transformations where all done very well on the special effects side of things.

I do wonder if Anakin strayed to the dark side too easily, but as he already started down that path in Episode II and since we know where everything was heading from that moment, I guess that gives us no reason to question that too much.

I would have liked to have seen more characters in there like Lando and the Falcon, but as I have said twice already, it was good. Much better than Episode I and Episode II, but it is also arguable that it could be better than one of the original films depending on your personal order of preference with the films.

Go see it, you might be pleasantly surprised.