Monday, March 21, 2005

BBC1 Saturday 7PM New Dr Who

On Saturday we can all bask in the glory of the series so many people have already seen thanks to the wonders of the internet. And considering I reside in a household with a current and valid TV Licence I have in a way already paid for the episode and so I didn't break the law when I time shifted the episode the other week.

Considering this is the first episode in so long I am very pleased with the production team. The Dr is played probably on the dippy side of eccentric, but the Billy is as sexy as ever and that is what really matters.
The special effects could probably be better, but considering the volume of effects splattered throughout the episode I am pleased. Even that slight wink wink comedy element of the past series when an obviously fake monster appears on screen makes it into the episode.
4/5