Saturday, February 12, 2005

Futurama Completed

I am talking about the TV series and it is a very mixed bag.
To watch this I got a copy of all the episodes and just watched them in order one after another.

Series 1
Just a general good standard, but its hard to be critical with a shows first series.

Series 2
Some episodes better than others. Some mundane storylines like the episode where Bender becomes a wrestler, but still an ok series.

Series 3
The longest series and it is all utter crap, I almost stopped watching at episode three, but I kept on watching until episode nine where I also seriously considered using my time more constructively. Luckily I kept on watching past all this rubbish.
I don't quite know why I found series three so crap, but I think it has something to do with the introduction of too many new characters each episode just to provide plot points.

Series 4
Good series with more information about the characters pasts, giving depth and greater understanding to the audience about the characters. Even Bender possibly the shallowest of all the characters is given more depth when he floats off into the abyss of space and becomes god to a very small alien civilisation.

Series 5
Exceptional, every episode was great and it even ends with an opera.

Cancellation
Futurama is now cancelled, and I think that is a good thing because a lot of the episodes weren't poetically good and the best series they did was created knowing that there wasn't ever going to be another series. So maybe the TV executives deserve more credit for their decision.