Monday, August 31, 2009

Higher Incentives Lead To Worse Performance

Daniel Pink is a business consultant and the best career counsellor you never had. His TED talk is about how behaviour scientists discovered why offering incentives for a quicker outcome resulted in a slower outcome. This is a very interesting talk and one that has very Human reasoning behind it all.



After watching the talk I wanted to see if he had written any books. I loaded up Amazon and let-out a rather audible gasp! It turns out I have already read one of his.

I read The Adventures Of Johnny Bunko when I started working fulltime. It is an excellent book for anybody who finds themselves in a job where they ask themselves 'is this it?'

He also wrote A Whole New Mind which is more about what his TED talk was about and is now on my reading list.
I will leave you with the trailer for Jonny Bunko.

Johnny Bunko trailer from Daniel Pink on Vimeo.