Thursday, July 27, 2006

Brighton Road Trip

Ok here we go, the weather has been VERY hot and I am now running my computer on a dual 12" fan open case setup (yes two fans pointing at my graphics card). On the trip I took about 119 pictures on a 64MB card so what you are seeing here is just the best of those pictures. The k750i has a good camera, but still suffers from that photo delay problem where the picture preview on the LCD display is about half a second ahead of the picture that is actually taken when the camera button is pressed.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I believe this was still in Leicestershire.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Some cones.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
A Porsche. Not the most expensive car we seen. That was a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
A TVR, I think it could be a Tuscan although it's difficult to see from that angle.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
More road.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
A Plane.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Panoramic shot of hotel room. We stayed at the Paskins Hotel simply because it was the cheapest one we could find. No en suite bathroom, but that made it cheaper and honestly it was a nice clean room and walking to the bathroom wasn't a problem.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
View from hotel room.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
View up the road from hotel window. Yes that' Brighton beach. I still find it hard to believe how cheap it was, because last year in London I payed more than double for a lot less.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Panoramic shot of Brighton Beach and Brighton Pier. I have messed up on this with the both pictures here so have had to do a little splicing. When I take a panoramic shot with my phone I take the first shot then it draws an outline on the left edge of the screen so I can match the next shot. Then it blurs the results together to make something that looks like one picture, but I am still getting used to matching things up.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
A sign for the conference at the Hilton.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
The Grand Hotel, the Hilton is on the left. Apparently the Prime Minister's bathroom was blown up by the IRA at the Grand in 1984 at a conservative party conference. There is a good webcam on the Grand's site showing you how nice the weather is right now.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
The old burned down West Pier.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Beer on the beach.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
A helter skelter on the pier.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Brighton Beach as viewed from the pier.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
SeaLife centre.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Inside the SeaLife centre.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Fish.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Fish.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Crab.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Tunnel.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Fish.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
The Royal Pavilion which is an ex royal palace.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Bill (FooFly).

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Beer.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Sunset as viewed from a bar on the ground of the Grand Hotel. Not sure if they rent the space from the Grand or whatever, but it was nice.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Some girl in a tank trying to grab bits of yellow paper. Not sure what was going on, but it looked fun.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
One of the conference rooms. A little blurry, but it's the only shot I took of any of the conference rooms.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I was going to upgrade my phone's memory to 1GB while I was there, but they wanted £60, so I left it until I got home and bought a 1GB Memory Card Off Amazon for £26 instead.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
This was a free guest listed party that we where invited to. It was sponsored too so all the drinks where free for most of the night.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Bill and Beer.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Me and Beer.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Brighton Beach.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Some Chalk Cliffs at the very edge of Brighton. I seen these for a distance so forced Bill to walk for twenty minuets so I could get a clear shot of them. And I actually thought this shot would come out better.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Walkway.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Steps from beach to road. Not sure why she is covering her face, didn't notice that when I took the picture. Maybe she was brushing something out of her face or maybe she doesn't like her picture taken, who know.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
My Tom Tom GPS with the route home plotted.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Another plane.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Motor Home.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Panoramic of countryside.

It was a well worth while trip. And I am very pleased with my k750i even if the pictures are a little bit of a hit and miss. Having a 2MP camera with me at all times is great.
As far as Brighton goes I wouldn't mind living there at all. It's a very nice place and in the current hot weather has a nice cool seabreeze to keep everybody cool.