Monday, September 26, 2005

State Of The Blog

I have been posting for a while now (see lower right hand side of page) and one of my tenants is to vet everything that I post, but more than that, I sometimes wait for the right moment to tell you about something so that it's impact is more relevant.

For example in 12 hours time the countdown timer on This Mysterious Website (linked to in every official XBox.com email newsletter) will finnaly countdown to zero and hopefully the site's secrets will be revealed.

All the news sites posted about this months ago, but I didn't see the point until it was interesting. And I think that is one of the nice things about a blog, you can intelligently craft the content instead of taking a link shotgun approach like Joystiq does, who's journalistic talents don't extend further than use of the Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V shortcut (actually to give them credit they did send someone to TGS and they did have some good coverage, but that was a first).