Monday, September 12, 2005

Naruto US

Naruto is one of the best Anime series I have seen, not because of it's magnitude, but because of it's simplicity, concentrating around a few core characters with the occasional bad guy drop in. Anyway Cartoon Network recently picked the series up and I was very skeptically because traditionally American dubbing destroys the soul of the story by removing all that was expressive about the voice acting.

Well I just finished watching some video clips over at Naruto Fan and I am very pleased. It's not what I would have liked, but the way it is now has a strong resemblance to classic 80's kids cartoon series with all the fighting like what was in Thundercats and TMNT. There hasn't been anything like that on kids TV in some time. And as good as Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is, I wanna see kung fu and screaming on kids TV again. So it will be interesting to see if it is a success and possibly herald a return to those kinds of cartoons or not.