Thursday, September 29, 2005

Horrendous

Went for enrolment, didn't need to go, but already I am trying to wade my way through all the BS. There is somekind of document and website for our project that we should have been told about. Which is ok if somebody had actually told us about it, unfortunately there was nobody on hand to tell us what the website address was. I am reading some guidlines now (no idea if this is the one I was supposed to see or if this is something else). It mentions that all assignments must be submitted in both printed and PDF versions, yet it fails to mention how we can save our word documents as PDF files. As far as I am aware there is a hack you can do with HP printer drivers and I could always purchase Adobe, but neither of those are easy. Especially not buying Adobe because it is so expensive.

Additional: Looks like there are Free PDF Publishing Programs around, but I am not happy. University should provide guidelines, as this is a new requirement.