Sunday, August 07, 2005

Global Frequency

I just finished watching the pilot episode to the most popular science fiction show never made, and i liked it a lot. Describing the backdrop is difficult so I tell you to go and read the description on the frontpage of GlobalFrequency.org instead of me just copying and pasting the whole thing here. The series wasn't made because Warner Brothers had a change in management and the new guys didn't like the look of it.

The series (or should I say the pilot) is based on a graphic novel series written by Warren Ellis. He seems to do a lot of hard edged stuff, but I don't have the cash to buy graphical novels so I don't know if it is any good or not.

As a show it is very intense (emotionally and pacing), has lots of stylised black leather, flashy gadgets and special effects. The dialogue is a little weak in places, but the shows focus is more on character development between the characters and the situation they are in than on dialogue. The stunning visuals make the show feel more like a film than a made for TV thing, but the only thing I can show you from the series is This cast picture.

Some nice quotes:
When I formed the global frequency, I made a bet, that ordinary people will do extraordinary things when given the chance
- Miranda Zero
and
we walk with blood on our hands so others don't have to
- Miranda Zero
If you get a chance to see it go ahead because it is great, but it doesn't look like it is going to be made into a series anytime soon.