Sunday, June 19, 2005

Marketing Hype

Some products like films get hyped in hope that many people will go and see the film, but sometimes this marketing has an interesting effect in that it will effect people's opinions after seeing the film.
My point is that sometimes the hype around a product can influence people's opinions on that product. So even if the product itself is crap, people still believe that it is good. They might even tell other people that it is good, when in actual fact they do not enjoy the product at all, maybe instead the feeling that owning that product gives them is good, but this wouldn't be so if it wasn't for the marketing.

This makes me wonder wither I really did enjoy the new Dr Who series or wither it is the collective marketing that is making me want to think I enjoyed it.