Tuesday, May 17, 2005

DVD Review Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure

I believe Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure is not as good as Are You Dave Gorman?, but one was an episodic live performance broken up into smaller parts for the benefit of packaging it as a TV show, that I watched over many weeks. And the other is one continuous live performance about his experiences with Google and whacking.

Yes it is very funny, yes it takes you on a journey of denial and self discovery and maybe there is some insight into the human condition in there, but he didn't use as many graphs as I would have liked him to, and for that I am sorry, but this is still one of the greatest standup performances I have ever seen. And if anybody ever says they haven't seen it, I will say "you must see it".

Cinematography can't exactly be appropriately graded and the spacial effects simply consist of a set of slides, but it is worth seeing.

Tomorrow Cube Zero