Thursday, April 07, 2005

State Of The Blog - Posting Queue

I signed up to this amazing Visual Basic training site today and I would love to talk about it, even give links to a few of the free resources on it, but I really do run out of time to post some stuff (computer games and innovation post still waiting to be written).

I mean I am refusing to just give a title and provide just a link as a post body because that is just poor blogging, jet I actually have a huge backlog of posts to do and I don't have the time to typeup and post all this stuff, plus I don't want to overwhelm anyone who reads this or turn this into one of those blogs where every update is a huge long rant. I like doing limited amounts of small posts and that's the way it will stay, but I could rant for hours about University, Industry and Microsoft training standards right now.

The conclusion to that post would be that Academic institutions train people with crap they won't ever use like computer ethics, but it would be morally wrong for them not to teach ethics. Industry only trains for what it immediately needs, so a lot of opportunities are lost because people have very narrow technology views and Microsoft only teaches people how to best use Microsoft products.

Anyway it is late and I am going bed.
XX