Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Build A Better Demo (RollerCoaster Tycoon 3)

I noticed a coupple of days ago that the Demo Of RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Has A Version 1.2 Out. When I Last Looked At The Demo it was the release version, so purely out of interest I downloaded, installed and had another go.

The updated demo presents a different play experience because everything works like you would expect it to. And it is now possible to build rides that people can actually ride on!
I also noticed that the day and night cycles happen gradually as opposed to reducing the sun to a lightbulb and that passengers for coasters have a new waiting animation instead of just getting to the train and start waving their arms as if they where riding it. Plus they don't scream with every train acceleration, so its all good, but I think its just too little to late to change my mind about not buying it.