Saturday, October 02, 2004

PC Gamer's Half Life 2 Review

So I have read the review and to be honest I am not even convinced the reviewer has actually played the game, because he just rants on about the gravity gun's functions (pull and push), he talks about the physics A LOT! And he talks about what he would have liked to have talked about, but couldn't because he didn't have room.

Erm... ye

No new information is contained in the review and it just fails on the one objective of any review, to give the reader a good idea of what the thing being reviewed is like. He says excellent, but I want to know what it was like to play. Excellent just gets me to buy it, it doesn't give me an idea of what it is actually like to play.

I was one of those evil people that downloaded the stolen compiled code (yes I am buying the full game) and even I can tell you more than this review does! I can tell you there are more types of craft besides just the buggy. I can tell you the whole game is sprawled with original content and that the story is so engrossing, that you will have sleepless nights asking yourself, who is controlling the combine, or what went so terribly wrong after Black Mesa. I could even go as far as to say the game dynamics changes constantly so you don't get board, but I would be going too far if I was to talk about the multiple species of head-crab. So I wont', but the review is pants and tells the reader jack about the game. PC Gamer should be ashamed of themselves.